Monday, January 27, 2014

Jan 27: satan may be strong by God is so much Stronger!

This week has been very great and very hard. ha ha That is the exactly what the mission is right? 

Interesting story of the week!. Hermana Wiggenhauser and i had lunch with a family who aren´t members. We always eat with the members, but they invited us to eat with them, so that is just what we did! The food was really good. Everything was grilled. We ate carne de baca, carne de puerco, nopel (cactus), full green onions, potatoes, beans, cheese, peppers stuffed with cheese, and of course, tortillas (siempre). I will just say, nopel is not my most favorite veggie... but other than that it was yummy! They kept asking if we are sure we didn´t want beer. I lost track of the ammount of bottles they all drank. And the cigars! Holy cow! one after another. When they cooked the food, when they ate the food and during the lesson. I hope i didn´t accidentally eat one! I wouln´t be suprised! I almost said, good thing we bless the food first, but they recited the Catholic prayer for the food, i hope that counts! ha ha anyway, after two hours. (which is so bad. comida should only be one hour maximum) we asked if we could share a message with them. They didn´t really want to hear it, but remember how no one says no in Mexico? We gave them a lesson. ja ja it went well. It is hard to invite the spirit when they were all smoking and drinking during it, but they listened and were receptive...for the most part. After bearing our testimonies and thanking them, they all cheered and clapped. Ok.Spirit gone. Maybe next time. ha ha. Hermana Wiggenhauser and I did all we could to not laugh and not make funny faces. 

It turns out they aren´t even our area. The other Hermanas in our ward get to teach them. Bummer! They were all so nice, but good luck Hermanas! :)











AH! During companion study, we practiced a lesson we were going to teach. I asked Hermana Wiggenhauser what i can improve on. She said that i speak muy rápido en español and i need to slow down. AH! yay!! I know that i need to speak slower, and it probably isn´t a good think i speak so fast, but that just means that i am learning and i can actually speak how i normally speak in english! I still have so much to learn, but oh my gosh i have been blessed so much with this language! 

How is the reading in español?



New Hermanas in our mission
On Saturday i was suuper sick. ugh. I threw up three times, once was in the street. pretty sight eh? Olimpia took me to a doctor. Apparently i have gastritis. I am not sure exactly what that is, i do know it is a problem with my stomach due to stress and food. That would expalin it. I cant drink milk, eat chocolate, bread, juice, soda, fat, pork, sugar, no happiness... the list goes on and on... for three months. Basically rice, jello, veggies and fruit. yay. Oh! the Doctor gave me the MOST PAINFUL shot in my butt! It was terrible! I have to say i was not missionary-like during that shot. ow!!! Dont worry, i didn´t say anything bad, but i did scream and tell him he was a liar for saying it wouldn´t hurt... then i gave him a pamphelt of the Restauración. haha 

The Elders in our district gave me a blessing. I was told i had to rest for TWO days! Ah! that was terrible! We have things to do! But, i really feel a lot better.No worries! 

I got to meet the new Hermanas from Estados Unidos! One was my friend from BYU, and the other knows the Inkleys! Hermana Brannelly. She told me how Tanner was able to serve with Austin. I know you told me that too Dad! How cool! I cant believe Austin is home! 

Hermana Thompson! Everyone in our district was able to see her BUT me! I was soo sad. I heard the news! ah! I hope that all is well. I pray ALL the time for her.

Les amo Muchísimo! 

Emily- do you have an email? or should i email you through moms?
Thank you for your letters mis hermanas! I love reading them!!

Mom and Dad I love you! 

Read Proverbs 23:22. I dont remeber why, but i wrote it down. ha ha. I will read it too. 

Love Love Love


Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment