Monday, February 3, 2014

Feb 3: Heavenly Father is a Father of Miracles!

This week has been so great! Seriously. Great! I have felt so much better with my health, emotions, and spirituality. We have been counting our miracles everyday and seriously have a huge list! 

I always write down what i want to say to you in my notebook. We were going to write, but i didn´t bring it with me. We walked all the way back to our house, and then back to the internet cafe. Guess what i forgot?? The notebook! i am super smart... I will try to remember what happened.. if it is scattered, forgive me!

To answer your questions:

1.  My dreams are really weird. They ususally consist of me seeing you even though i am a missionary, so i need to hide somewhere in our house so you cant see me. Sometimes they are in spanish, sometimes in english. It depends. 

2.On a scale of 1-100 where is my spanish?? Oh gosh i dont know. I can pretty much say anything i want now. It usually isn´t in the correct form, or my grammar isn´t always correct, but people can understand me. The hard part is understanding the people. It is getting a lot better. usually i can figure out the jist of it, but there is a lot i miss still. I have learned soo much, but i still have a lot to learn. My companion keeps telling me that i have improved so much. She has been a great teacher! I am so grateful for her! 

Hermanas Anderson & Wiggenhauser
3. The teaching is going great! We have made some serious progress with our investigators! Olimpia has cut her smoking down by more than half! So many more have been coming to church and following all of our commitments. We have also met soo many new people who have totally been prepared! There is one investigator named Jose. (We have like seven Jose´s ha ha) But anyway, his dad actually contacted us in the street. Whenever we tried to find him he was never there, but his son was always there. We finally started talking to him! I can just imagine the Spirit saying FINALLY HERMANAS!! That was the whole point!!! He has come to church ever since, he reads the book of Mormon everyday, prays and is so smart! He came to a baptism (the little boy in our ward) and said that he has felt alone lately, but when we are with him he feels something special. Oh my gosh we are praying so hard for him! He is so great! 

We have an investigator named Raquel. She accepted the invitation to be baptized. She loves the book of mormon, and we even helped her get all the scritpures on her tablet. She loves it! But ever since she accepted, she hasn´t been coming to church. I think she is starting to back off. We visit her all the time! Her problem is that she believes in the Virgin. She has her whole life and just cant let go of that. Do you have any advice??

We also met a family who are Jahova´s Witness. They are so great and know the bible INCREDIBLY well, but they believe Jesus Christ and God don´t have bodies. That is why they dont want to live in Heaven. If got to Heaven you wont have a body, but if you stay here you will. There is so much i want to teach them!

4. Mom that is so great that you are reading in spanish! Ha ha oh how normal it is to not understand everything! That is how i feel ALL the time! ha ha. I have gotten very used to it. That is probably a bad thing. It is so hard to concentrate sometimes. That has been my goal. Usually when i focus, i can understand a whole lot more. Shocker huh? ha ha. It is the focusing thing that is hard. 

Today for our district activity we went hiking! I know it is hard to believe but it was actually my idea! It was so great to get out into the open! Aguascalientes is beautiful! It was so great! Yesterday we ate with our Mission President and his wife. They are in our ward! What a blessing! We told them that we wanted to go hiking, and they said they wanted to come with us! It was great! I have definitley been able to get closer to them now that i can actually have a conversation. Our district is so great. I love them all! 

















"Estoy en Cerro del Muertos, Aguascalientes!"


What else happened this week?? Ugh! How frustrating that i forgot my paper!

I have been really focusing on the Atonement during my personal studies. It truly is an incredible act that Jesus Christ did. All because he loved us. I think about when he was absolutely suffering and wanted to be finished, he easily could have quit. He was saved, and had by then saved a lot of souls. But i just picture Him saying, no. I will continue because Emily Anderson needs me. Because Tani and Paul need me. Jen and Ryan need me. D&C 18:10 The worth of souls is great in the sight of God. I know that this is true. If it wasn´t we wouln´t have the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We are so blessed. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. I will not let Satan into my head anymore. Last week was tough, and i know that it was because this week was so great. Heavenly Father is a God of Miracles. I know this to be true with all my heart. I am so grateful i am His daughter. We are family. All of us. Isn´t that amazing?

I love you all so much. I truly am able to feel your prayers. Keep praying! It works! Thank you so much for your love and support. Thank you for always taking dare of me. Dad, your letter that you sent me made me cry for a good 20 minutes. It helped me so much. It is true, we are not perfect. I cannot stress about things i cant help. Thank you. I love hearing all of your advice all the time. I am so grateful for you, and pray for you individually every single day. 

Love Love Love, Hermana Anderson








Hermana Anderson




















a golf course, Dad, you must come visit!!

Looks like a Baptism to me. Cute little boy in the ward :)









No comments:

Post a Comment