This week has been pretty great! Of course there are always so many miracles in the mission field. I love being a missionary!
Dad! I have been told by a lot of different people that the time of the missions serving is being shortened! There are sisters who have gotten calls for one year, Elders for 14 months! Apparently, we have TOO MANY missionaries! . Have you heard about this? I thought that was super interesting because when you were serving your mission the same thing happened, but it was because there werent enough missionaries. Now we have too many! What a good problem to have! :) I hope that it wont change for me like it did for you. I dont think it will, but you never know! All i know is the Plan of our Heavenly Father is perfect.
So, Valentines Day was great. I asked Hermana Wiggenhauser if she would be my Valentine. haha she said yes! It was great. All these couples walking in the street holding hands and carrying chocolates and roses. And then there is Hna W and me. ha ha
There is the sweetest lady you will ever know. Her name is Raquel. (different Raquel than the one that i have been talking about) She has absolutely no money. She is very sick and cant walk well. She is the most adorable thing ever. She is kind of weird, but it turns out that it is because her Ex husband hit her in the head. She almost died! Unfortunately she didnt, but her brain is kinda funky. She can think and talk and is basically normal, just a little funny. Anyway, she went and bought us food and hand made floutas, with salsa and lettuce. Elote. (which is the corn with mayo and cheese in Nacho Libre) Absolutely delicious! And put little cookies in a bag for Valentines Day. She has no food in her fridge for herself, and here she is making us food. We tried to share with her por lo menos, but she refused. People like her are going straight to the Celiestial Kingdom. Oh my gosh i love her so much.
There are a lot of people who have given us little gifts for Valentines Day. One in particular was José Guadalupe. Remember him? Well, he gave me a white rose and a heart sucker. Super nice. However he gave Hna W. a red rose, a sucker, a card, a big heart lollipop that says te quieres (i want you) and another little squishy heart that says i love you! AH! no! On top of that, we got a call from another investigator Jesús. He was progressing almost as well as José. Well, it turns out that the reason he let us teach him was because I caught his attention. He said he really liked me. He really isn´t that interested in the gospel. Elder Cook, looks like you have some competition! Needless to say, we explained very well our purpose, and our roles as missionaries. Jose was pretty mad we couldn´t be with him on Valentines Day, but i think he understands now. We have always had members teach with us, but now we are bringing Hermanos who have served missions. What we really need are Elders in our ward! Don´t worry Dad, we aren´t going to continue teaching Jesús. What a bummer really. I was super excited!
Olimpia is absolutely thriving! She is so excited for her baptism! She has been working really hard at quitting smoking. Our goal this week is only one per day! Please continue to pray for her!
I have been asked by four different people if i am Russian. They say that i look very Russian and have a russian accent. Um what? ha ha I have been trying so hard to work on my Latina accent!! dangit! con el tiemp...con el tiempo...
Dad and Mom, thank you for your advice about La Virgen! Unfortunatley Raquel is incredibly firm in her belief. She says that Mary commanded Jesus Christ to change the water to wine. He said that his time had not come, but she told him to do it, so he did. That is why she thinks she is so important. But i used the same principle and scriptures you gave me for someone else. It was great! I can´´t tell you how often this happens. When i study thoughts always come to my mind. I think that it is perfect for one person, but in reality the Holy Ghost guided me to study that for someone else. It is great!
Mom, can you try to send the photo of the FDLS temple? the shell? remember? I was trying to explain in to Hna W.
Answers to your questions!
My bed is a mission bed. ha ha but my sheets are just great! I have had four bug bites.
My clothes have been perfect! I haven´t been using my coat lately, but i am super glad that i had it in December and the first weeks of Jan. The weather is great! super hot!
My stomach is a lot better! Every single member knows that i have gastrictis, so they all have been super sweet and make things that i can eat. Sometimes it is things i shouldnt, but i pray before that it will be ok. The worst is when it is spicy. My mouth has gotten more used to it, but my tummy cannot handle it at all. Valentines day was pretty bad. i gave in and ate chocolate. oops! But over all, it is much better! thank you!
99% of the time i feel safe. The men here have no respect for women, but i have always felt protection. They try to talk to us in the street, but there are always a lot of people. I know that we are very protected!
I am going to think more about my favorite thing about my mission. I love personal study time! And when i can see a change in the people during our lessons. I am going to think more about that though!
I love my District! Everyone is so great! For different reasons they are all answers to my prayers. The Elders are so much better here than in the MTC.
Ah! i forgot about the Olimpics!
I havent gotten your card yet..
Sorry that this is short! I am out of time!!
I love you!
Love Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment