Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014: New Year, New Companion!

Yep, that is correct. I have a new companion!!! Her name is Hermana W---!  She is great! I love her so much! She wants to work hard, she has a good attitude, she eats a lot and she is funny! Was this an answer to a pray i never said? Heavenly Father really does know my heart!

I am not entirely sure at all why in the middle of a transfer we had a Cambio. Her companion was really difficult to work with. She was VERY quiet and scared to do anything. She didn´t work for two weeks. But why not wait three more weeks for the transfer? and why with me?? All i can say is i am grateful for it. She is great. It was a little hard at the beggining because she was pretty sick, i thought she didn´t want to work too... but once she started to feel better, it was apparent that she really does want to work! Oh i am so happy!! 

The relationship with Hna --- was getting better, it is true.. but it was not where i wanted it to be. I didn´t know what else to do. I tried to listen to your great counsel!! I felt like when i wasn´t following the rules we had a good relationship. ha ha. That is terrible. 

This year was the first time i went home EARLY for New Years. ha ha We had to be in our rooms at 8. Probably for saftey reasons. Of course we were really late because Hna --- said that it isn´t important. I was praying the whole way home for Heavenly Father to protect me! Right when we got home, she got the call that we were having un cambio. She was bawling. She had to miss the baptism of D------. THAT NEXT DAY! She was begging for one more day. She called the Mission President. At the last minute she was able to attend, which i was happy for her! After that she left. She was crying and hugging everyone. I was standing in the corner. ha ha. Does that explain our relationship? I was a little hurt, because i really tried so hard to please her, but in the end, i am happy. I am so grateful i get to stay in my area. It really is the best! :) We have a lot of great potential here! 

The baptism was amazing! I bawled the whole time. IT was as if i was getting baptized with her. We visited her the next day, and her face was completely different. she actually had a LIGHT in her eyes. I have heard that so many times before, but this was the first time i actually saw it. She is so happy! I am so happy for her! ah! great day!!

Dad! i am so sorry you were feeling terrible!! :( How nice that you still wrote me! Thank you! I hope you are feeling better. Honestly, I am not feeling too great either. My stomach and head are not happy with me right now. It is perfect timing. Right when i start having diarrhrea (woah i do not know how to spell that  ??) Our toilet stopped working. Isn´t that lovely? ha ha. oh the joys of being a missionary! 

I found my blessing!!!!!! YAY! it was in my scriptures right where you put it! Thank you Mom!! :)

Lately, i have been saying things in spanish that are correct!! WHAT? I always say a sentence, then have to correct myself. But every once and a while i can say a sentence that isn´t wrong! THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL!! ha :)

A typical day for me is every hour we have a lesson. We walk A LOT and try to find as many contacts as we can. I have come to find that in Mexico, everyone says yes to everything. But do they always follow up? no! This is our goal for the week. Honestly, i would rather have them say no. 

A tough day is when i feel we haven´t worked that hard. If we work hard and dont have many lessons, it is one thing. But i know it is a good day when i look at the clock and it is already time for bed. The day went by so fast because we were working hard the whole day. 

It is a great day when we walk out of a lesson and i feel like i can just fly! The investigators ask great questions, followed up on their commitments and want to come to church! That is what makes the days great!

Mom- before the mission i was supposed to make a profile on mormon.org. I did, but i didn´t put a picture up. Could you please do that for me? it just needs the picture. Thank you!

HAWAII?????? Oh my gosh! how lucky!! Sheesh! 

Today for an activity with my District, we are going to eat sushi. I am super excited and super nervous. I miss sushi so much! But i dont know if it is the same here.... Wish me luck! :)

I love you so much! Thank you for everything!!

Love, Hermana Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment