HAPPY DAY!!! While we were walking to the internet café a man stopped us and asked us if we were Mormon. We said yes! He said oh thank Goodness! I just got deported from California. I am really struggling. Do you have anything for me to read? Why, yes, yes we do. Ps. This is all in English! The most (ok not the MOST) exciting part was that i was telling him how much our gospel can help us. I literally could not speak in english. I kept trying, but i kept forgetting the words and randomly switching to spanish. YAY!! THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS SO REAL!!!!! He said that he really wants to come to church. He needs help. Wow. Does God place us where we need to be when we are obidiente? Si. He does.
I can tell by the pictures that you are having a BLAST In Hawaii! My comp and i are super jealous! Ah that is my favorite temple i hope you know!
I have been pretty sick! I have learned a lot about the food here.1. When people say it is only a tiny, tiny bit spicy it actually means FIRE.2. Tea heals everything apparently. I have had more tea this week than i have in my entire life. It is nasty! Everytime i tell someone that my stomach is no bueno, they say! Oh let me make you tea! It will heal you! ha ha not again!3. on Pday we made sushi! it was so much fun! oh and muy rico! It was so yummy! We ate SO MUCH! i was seriously going to die, when one of our Investigators said it is time for cake! It was Dia de Reyes or 6th of Jan. It is equal to Christmas here. There is this specific cake that EVERYONE eats on this day. After she said it is time for cake, i said MORE FOOD? She said, Oh no! Not more food, this is Dessert! oh. well in that case! ha ha.. It reminded me of when Dad said, This wont make you fat, its yummy! ha haI went to the doctor and i have a huge list of things i cant eat. I feel like Krista Hansen! ha ha no milk, chocolate, pork, chile (which i am not too sad about ;)) and more. My stomach has felt a lot better!Other than being sick, this week has been great. All the lessons we have had were beautiful. The Spirit was so strong. It truly is incredible how helpful the Spirit is. I am nothing without it.O--- is an absolutely amazing person! She is basically a member, she pays tithing, comes to church every week, both her daughters are baptized, she just cant quit smoking. We sat down with her, after i prayed so hard to find what we could do to help. That lesson was amazing. We talked about temples and how her daughters depend on her. She was totally crying (which she never does) and she told us she has a real desire to be baptized, but she doesn´t know how to stop smoking. We talked a lot about faith and that she has everything it takes to quit, because the Savior wants her to be happy. It was truly incredible. Words cannot describe the feelings that were felt. I have so much hope for her!Another amazing miracle was with S---. She is a stellar investigator too! She has been coming to church for the past two weeks but this last sunday she had to work. We invited her to pray that night and test her faith. We asked her to pray to Heavenly Father and ask if Church is that important, help me find a way to be able to go tomorrow. I was nervous, not going to lie. That is pretty big. What little faith i had! The next morning she came! With her whole family! Aunt, uncle, boyfriend, and a friend! WHAT? She told us that she had a dream after she prayed. She saw us praying for her because we love her. In the morning she was getting ready for work and she got a phonecall that said she doesn´t need to come in today!! AH! Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. That was perfect. It was exactly what she needed.Mom you need to listen to the song 2 years by Carli Barlow. Wow, i might have cried a lot.Well, i am out of time! I love you and hope all is well! Dont get eaten by a shark and Emily, behave yourself while the parentals are gone! :)I am glad my package came! That is dumb the had to open it. I hope everything was there. Did you like the gifts? :) the letters?Love ya lots!Love, Hermana Anderson
Monday, January 13, 2014
Jan. 13: Sushi: Mexican Style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment