Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 30: Feliz Año!

This week has flown by! Wow! What a fantastic treat to get to SEE you all on Navidad! The second Dad hung up i wanted to talk to you again! Ha ha. That was perfect for me. I am so grateful for Skype too! It is a miracle it worked! YAY!

The best thing ever. Right after we talked Daniela had a surprise Navidad gift for us. She said she wants to be baptized!!!!!!! AH!! it literally just about killed me that she told us AFTER i got to talk to you, but holy cow i am so excited for her!! She has had the lessons for four months now. It is a true Miracle!! She is 16 years old. Her sister was baptized three months ago. Her mom wants to be baptized too, but she cant seem to give up her smoking. But i am soo dang happy for Daniela! She is very excited! She is getting baptized THIS WEDNESDAY! Jan 1st. I dont know a more perfect way to start the New Year! It is such blessing! She also said she wants to serve a mission later! Holy Cow!!

After that amazing gift, we all went to the Capilla and watched Dispicable Me. After not watching movies for so long, the Elders definitely found the smallest things hilarious. They were laughing at EVERYTHING! it was pretty funny! ha ha. My teacher in the MTC said that we would find joy in the smallest things. It is so true. For example, Spatula is the same in Spanish. When i learned that i was so excited! ha ha!

This week has been great. The relationship with Hermana M----- and I has definitely increased! I know Heavenly Father has been helping me with patience. I have been really focusing on enjoying the small things and focusing on TODAY. Enjoy today. Like i said, if you are happy today, you will be happy tomorrow. I was so focused on the future. When i am fluent it will be better, or when i have two months left it will be great... That is no good. BE HAPPY TODAY!! I have been trying to cherish everyday. It has made all the difference in the world. I would encourage you to try to do the same. :)

One morning i was listening to Conference Talks you sent me on my ipod. Wow i love listening to them. One of them was from Elder Uctdorf. did i spell that right? Anyway, he said that one woman who wanted children so badly. She was never blessed with her own children. However, she was an elementary teacher. Eventually she became very bitter and took it out on everyone. So many times, people focus on trying to find the Roses when they dont even see the Forget me Not flowers surrounding them. I love that! Focus on the blessings we HAVE. It is truly incredible. I write down my blessings every single day and after i say my prayers at night i say what i am grateful for until i fall asleep. I KNOW it has made a huge difference. Heavenly Father has given me so much!

It has been absolutely freezing here! SO MUCH RAIN!! I am so grateful i brought warm clothes with me. I wear two sweaters and my coat and scarves. I also bought boots... Practically no one sold rainboots. We looked everywhere! finally we found some pretty plain, black boots that they claimed were rainboots. My feet were purple and i was starting to get sick, so i bought them. They were great for about two days. Then i got MASSIVE blisters all around my feet. ha ha what is better? blisters or ice? no se! My feet have been spoiled by my nice shoes i bought before, but hopefully i will break them in.
I also bought another blanket. Our house is always very cold because it doesn´t recieve any sunshine. I kept waking up in the middle of the night. So, i am sorry i had to buy those things, but the blanket has been amazing! the boots too... eventually. ha ha

The oreos are all gone. Oh my gosh they were so good! Thank you for sending those! It is such a shame they are seasonal. 
I have been eating a lot more! I dont know if that is a good thing or not. But it is now very easy to finish my meals. I am hungry all the time. We had to buy lots of granola bars. :) I am loosing weight though. My tummy is totally flat. It is probably because i have to work out in the morning, i dont eat past four or five, we walk all the time, and the food here is real. This is a good thing. :) dont worry, i am trying to drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit. I haven´t been sick really at all. It has been a great blessing! Dad, I know the blessing you gave me before i left has helped me so much. thank you!

Mom! You said you want to learn spanish too. I want you to read the Book of Mormon EVERYDAY in Español. I promise you will learn it if you do that. How fun would that be if you could speak with me when i get back?? Will you read it? I KNOW it has helped me so much. 

Hermana M----- said that the address was correct. However, after my name it needs to say The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I wrote everyone a letter. It took forever. I am nervous that it wont get to you now. I hope it does! 

I haven´t checked my scriptures for my blessing. maybe it is in there! Oh my gosh i know. I dont know why, but sheesh! I never can hold on to that thing!

Well, i want to try to send some pictures, so i am going to keep this shorter. 

I love you so much!! Thank you again for your prayers. It means so much!!

Tienen un Feliz Año!

Hermana Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment