Holy cow. We had five baptisms this week. It was absolutely incredible. I felt like i was going to explode of every single emotion that you can ever imagine. I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off for seven days straight. There were SO many things that went wrong. You name it, it happened. Some of the details are personal, and i really can't explain a lot, but ohhh man! When we finally could see them get baptized then later receive the Holy Ghost, i knew that all was well. It was nothing short of a miracle that i was able to share these amazing days with these amazing families.
In church the next day, Karina and Angeles shared their experiences of how they felt when they received the Holy Ghost only an hour before. They said that the second their hands touched their heads they felt really, really hot. Karnina´s legs started to shake. They said that they felt absolutely amazing. Angeles then thanked her daughter Carolina for helping them soften their hearts to listen to our message. They were so stubborn before and didn't want anything to do with the gospel. I love what she said, I might have given my daughter life, but she gave me the gospel, which is so much better. :) They get it. They understand the gospel. They understand that it truly is the cure for everything. I am so proud of them. It truly was so incredible to see the changes that they have made. From not wanting anything, to understanding that it is everything.
| Sammy, Vallerie |
| Angeles, Karina, Ian |
| Sammy |
| Karina, Angeles, Ian |
I learned a lot this week, that the small things really do matter. By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass, however, Heavenly Father knows that we cant do everything by ourselves. He will always help us with the big things and most of the small things too. haha. :) that is just how it always will be. I love how he keeps his promises. We do all we can, and he will always help us with the rest.
I had a great experience the next day, for the other two baptisms. Again, everything went wrong. Their was SO much stress that day, i don't even know where to begin. I was sitting down, thinking of all the things that i should have done better etc etc. I prayed. I told Heavenly Father that i am sorry. I am tired. I just cant do it all, but He again blessed me. He told me, Ashley, thank you for helping me bring my children closer to me. This is what counts. Don't worry, I Love you.
I started to bawl. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven. It was just what i needed and the truth is, it was perfect timing.
I said last week that it was the hardest week of my life. Well, nothing compares to this week. It got pretty ugly with my companion. She is great, but their are some serious issues that we have been trying to work out. But i KNOW that SHE is supposed to be MY companion. I am grateful for this opportunity to grow and learn. I know that i have a lot to learn, but we can do it. Heavenly Father is on our side. I know that he loves Hermana D
just as much as he loves me. We are going to be best friends by the time our time is up together. That is my goal. I am willing to do all that i can to make this happen.
I am out of time. I love you all. I hope that your week was full of blessings, just like mine. I am so grateful for your love and support. I am so grateful for the gospel. It saves lives.
Love Love Love,
Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment