Hna Jimenez has been wanting to send a letter to her boyfriend for his birthday, which was in Feb. haha we keep forgetting, or we don't have enough time or whatever other reason. She was super determined today to send it. We walked ALL THE WAY over to the post office, and they were closed! A cute lady who we helped carry her groceries the other day passed by us again. She said, silly muchachas, its Cinco de Mayo!! NO!! ha ha she was so mad! Of course we laughed about it, but really?? The one day that we can send her letter and every store here is closed!
This week has been super great! Hermana Ilda is super excited for her baptism and her wedding! Her fifteen year old daughter came with us to teach some people on Saturday. Her name is Alison. Her brother is working on his papers for the mission, and she too wants to serve! She reminded me a lot of Em. It is weird that Em is OLDER than her. I still think Em is my nine year old boy, but then i see the pics of prom and remember that she is not nine and she is not a boy! Like i told you before, my vote is that you serve a mission! It is such an amazing experience!
We have been contacting like crazy! There were two women sitting outside talking, we walked up to them and were talking about how cute their dog is and how they are doing. One of the women asked us what religion we are. She said that we were super nice and friendly. She asked, baptists? no... Testigos de Jeova? no.. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. OH! You are Mormon?? Yes! We are! :) Then to our surprise... Well i want absolutely nothing to do with you! You are of the devil! She walked right between us and was on her way. We shouted HAVE A NICE NIGHT! :) awkward... The good news is her friend was interested and told us that she would like to learn more. Yay!
Random thought. Concerning the tree of life, do we know what the fruit represents? The tree is the love of God, so is the fruit Jesus Christ? or the gospel??
I started the Book of Mormon over again. Em, remember when i told you that you should highlight Jesus´s name? Well, right after that, our Presidente invited all of us to it. So the whole mission is doing it!. It is seriously awesome! I got a new book paperback and have been highlighting his name or all of his references in orange, his words or when he speaks to us in purple his attributes in yellow and all that he has done to help us in green. I have learned soo much! I want you to do it too! Get a new book of Mormon. The cheap paperback ones and start over. It seriously is amazing! I get so excited to read every morning! By the time i come home, you should have finished it. We can compare our copies together and see what we have learned! Will you do it with me? Jen you should do it too! We can all compare our thoughts in one year from now! :)
There is this couple that i just love. They are seriously great! Familia Hidalgo. They both have been in a coma. Hno H for forty days, and his wife for 4 days. Both for different reasons. They have a hard time walking, but the other day Hno H ran with his grandkids. His grandkids are 3 and 5 years old, and they beat him in their race, but Hno Hidalgo was so happy and excited! He shared his testimony yesterday of how God is a God of Miracles. It was so cute! I need to take a picture with them to show you! They are ward missionaries and always like to come with us. I know they are going straight to Heaven :) He served his mission for 18 months just like you Dad. He told me that they didn´t have name tags then. Did you?? I have never seen it...
Everyone who sees your picture Mom says holy cow! your mom is so beautiful!! Yea, i know :)
Everyone and their dog told me that May is the worst time of the year because of the heat. I had been dreading it since January, but it has been beautiful here. The perfect temp with some wind to cool us down. It is still super hot, but not nearly what i thought it would be. I hope that i don't jinx it by saying this!
When people here are immature, they say the are verde! like bananas that aren´t ripe yet. ha ha. I thought that was super funny. Right now our Elders in our area are a verditos... but it is ok, i have been learning more patience.
Ah! I almost forgot! I got your package!!! Woo hoo! that was a super fun surprise! I got it on Wednesday. I was so excited to see all that peanut butter!!!!! My companion had never seen most of the deliciousness there. Her first time trying butterfinger. Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much!!! It was just what i needed for that day! It was also a perfect celebration because that was my 6 month mark exactly. Did you plan that out perfectly or what?? The elders always burn some article of clothing, but i got to eat peanut butter :) so much better!
I feel like there was something else SUPER important that i wanted to share... but it has completely left my brain...
How was front sight Dad and Ry?? Did you graduate? Is Dad able to move? ha ha ;)
Sounds like Prom was a blast! Seriously her hair is super pretty! it really made me miss coloring mine.... I have about seventeen different colors in my hair.. I kinda expected that, but really.. its quite terrible. Hna Jimenez told me oh que feo! Thanks comp... :) These Mexicans are VERY honest! But hey, i think i deserve it because of my honesty throughout my whole life verdad?
Well, i love you all a lot! I am so grateful for my amazing family and friends! You are all wonderful. I continue to pray for you everyday.
I took some fun pics this week, but there is only one computer in the cyber that has the memory slot and right now it is being used... We will just have to wait for next week! Lo bueno es que podemos vernos el domingo! :)
Love you love you!!
Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment