Super stubborn E-- has been coming to church for the past three weeks now and is reading her scriptures and praying everyday! It is seriously a miracle! We also have another sister Ilda who wants to get baptized in May! yay! She isn´t married, but her whole family are members including her boyfriend. She has been planning her wedding and asked us if we could be her testigos.(witnesses) Unfortunately we can´t as missionaries, but we are super excited to support her in all of this! Miracle after miracle!
This week has been super great, but super heavy. Every single member we visited, actives and less actives, have so many problems. I love Jerez so much, but it is tough because it is a little tiny town. Everyone knows everyone, secrets included. It has caused some serious problems. As missionaries we know so much about everyone, but they don't know what we know. It is complicated. Hermana Jimenez and i were feeling super discouraged. Lesson after lesson, super big problems after super big problems. I thought to myself, how in the world am i supposed to help them? I haven´t had nearly enough experiences to know where to start, but then i thought to myself before my doubts overcame me, is that i don't need to experience everything to know how to help them. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. He has already experienced everything and knows EXACTLY what i can do to help them. You are representatives of Jesus Christ too. That is the covenant we made with our Father in Heaven when we were baptized. So, i would love to hear your advice if you have any about the members here in our ward. I have learned that i learn so much through other people :)
Something that has really struck me hard this week is the importance of doing the little things every single day. The Frog in the Boiling Water analogy is so real! I have been thinking a lot about how in the world these people's lives got to where they are now. I know for a fact it is because they forgot to do the little things everyday. There is a reason we have what we call "Primary Answers" because they are essential to know when we are young! It is the first thing we are taught, because it is crucial! It is as simple as praying every day, reading the book of mormon and going to church to renew our covenants with our Heavenly Father. With these three things we wont fall!
We love to invite all of the married couples to pray every single day together while holding hands. We had such neat experience with a couple when they finally accepted our invitation. I don't remember if i told you this or not... Anyway, they knelt down and held hands while the husband offered the prayer. When he finished we looked up and his wife was bawling. She said that they had never prayed like that before. Now they pray every single day together. We invited another family to do the same. It has been over a month now and they refuse to kneel and pray. Now the wife is planning on leaving her husband in the next few days. We are heartbroken for their little family!
Jen and Ry, Mom and Dad, i know that you pray together, but i would love to invite you to kneel and hold hands while you pray. It is such a sweet experience and your marriage will never end! the frog in boiling water works both ways. With the small and simple things great things are brought to pass. IT IS SO TRUE!!! Pray and save your marriage, your family, your children, their children, their friends and all the people who watch them... on and on and on. We all have such a strong impact!! We are all essential in God´s plan. Help Him out a little. Sheesh, i am super exhausted and i only know a few problems of a few people here in a little town. I can´t imagine how God feels.
I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love this gospel! It brings real joy! Yes, it has been heavy, but there are always so many miracles that we find every single day! I love serving this mission! Time has gone by so fast! Yesterday was my one year left mark! What?? I love Mexico. I love everyone in Mexico. I love my father in Heaven.
Thank you for your letters and your love :) I hope Ry is feeling better. ha ha poor guy. Gets asked for money while he is puking. I cant wait to hear their experiences about front sight! ah! super jealous!! But i will finally be able to have my gun legally when i come home :)
Love you all lots!!
Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment