Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21: Happy Easter?? What's that?

Happy Easter! :)

From all those fun pictures it looked like you had a super fun Easter! I love how even though we are 23, 21, and 16 we still hunt for eggs :) I miss that tradition here! 

Photo from home Ashley is referring to
When i said that they don't celebrate Easter that was not entirely true. They have celebrations, but it is NOT Easter. They call it Semana Santa. For one week there is a carnival, lots of drinking and partying. Sabado de Gloria is a huge part of ¨Easter¨. They also have a terrible tradition in certain places, thankfully not here in Jerez, where they pick someone who is a really great person and crucify him. They go through the same steps exactly as did Christ. It is terrible. Here they do the same, but it isn´t real. It is all an act. They don't eat meat or use water for two days. I don't know, i think i prefer hunting for eggs with candy, and focusing on his LIFE! 




There are some really beautiful flowers and trees in bloom right now!




We are here because Christ lives. Yes, he died for us. It is essential to know what he went through because he loves us. But we need to remember that he lives! He is here working side by side with us. 

This week was great! We were in Zacatecas like i mentioned before. We were with our Sister Training Leaders. One day i went with one sister, the other day i went with the other. They are super awesome! I learned soo much! I love Zacatecas! The whole entire city is hills, hills and more hills. Seriously it is steeper than Summerwood. You would love it Mom. :) I really liked it actually! Although my knees are killing me right now... It is pretty bad. I hope that now that i am back to flat flat flat they will feel better. It wasn´t going up that was the problem, it was coming down. ow! 



We had a baptism! A cute couple was baptized on Thursday. Uriel and Lorena! They got married the day before. It was a super awesome experience! They are a great family! There kids all want to get baptized too now. One of the girls is eight, the others still need to wait a little while. but yay! We are super excited for them!




Bautismo!


We also had a zone conference with Presidente Villarreal and his cute wife. They are so great! I am so lucky to have such a great President! He asked us how our house is, we told him the truth and he told us that we need to look for a new one... yay.. i get to do this again... But it is definitely for the better! I have lost track of the number of spiders and cocroaches i have killed in that house! Not to mention all those random bees!!

Well, i am going to try to send more pictures, it has been awhile! I am sorry this is a short letter. It sounds like all is well in Utah :) I am super glad you had a great Easter. From this point on, i only have one of each holiday left. That is super weird! Pray for time to slow down!! 

Photo from Jen, Ashley is referring to

Ryan, you are the cutest! ha ha i love that you did Jen's hair for her while she didn´t have anytime! super sweet :)



Easter Afternoon, photo from home



Jen and Em, you both look super beautiful! I want your long hair! Mine is all falling out, and super faded and weird... Thanks a lot Mexico.. ha ha. 

Well i love you lots! Thank you for your letters :) 

con amor,
Hermana Anderson




at the market

16 year-old Pedro taught us how to tie ties, I'm practically a pro now!
This cracks me up!  Ha ha I died when I saw this! The two American's heads are cut off because we are so much taller than everyone else here!  Hahahaha me da mucha risa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment