Muchas Gracias por sus cartas! I love letters! :) It was super fun to read from my WHOLE family today :) Mom, your letters cracked me up. so witty ;) And THANK YOU SO MUCH for your super generous gifts! As soon as i can take out the money from my card! I already have some fun things in mind :) There are so many fun things that i want to buy every day. It is hard because we live in Centro. There are billions of shops!! Thank you so much! :)
We didn´t have transfers! woo hoo!!! we are super happy!!! :) six more weeks together!
It sounds like all is well in good ol Utah. Little busy, but good. That is always good to hear!
I loved that poem that you sent mom! It totally gave me the chills! Thank you for making more angels to help me. I love how you said that :) Ah! super jealous that you got to see Les Mis! I was trying to explain that story to a member two days ago! It is so incredible! How thoughtful to go to my favorite play for my birthday. Just next time, BRING ME! :)
I am pretty sure they don't celebrate Easter here. i totally forgot about it! I hope that your Easter is great! is it next week?? Something that they do celebrate is Sabado de Gloria. It is an absolutely CRAZY day. Someone told me that they drank more beer here in one day than any other place in the World. something like over 2 million beers in this little town! It is super intense. There are a bajillion horses in the streets. Everyone throws beer on you. If you are dry, you wont be for long.. Everyone (including the horses) are drunk. People die every year. I think there are videos on youtube about it. Everyone from all over comes to celebrate. Needless to say, we are going to Zacatecas Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is only crazy here in Jerez. In Zacatecas they only throw water on you. Much better :)
If you want a fat braid this is what you have to do:
1. curling it first is a good idea, so that you wont have funky pieces sticking out.
2. only braid three strands at a time. For example, take all of her hair, then braid it one, two, three, times. cross, cross, cross... see? Then pull the very outter layer of the braided part to make it fat. Then continue. Three times. cross, cross, cross, Then pull the pieces again. Does that make sense? Oh i want to SHOW you. If that doesn´t make sense, just braid the whole thing, then later pull the pieces. only the outter part!
3. youtube
I hope that makes sense.... Cant wait to see your pics em! :)
So, you have scoliosis.. That is such a bummer. My back is pretty messed up right now too. I will pray for you if you pray for me! deal? :)
How exciting you get to serve with the missionaries!! You will love it! We teach with members all the time! It is super normal. I am excited for you! i would love to have you in one of our lessons! Members really bring a sweet spirit with us while we teach. Maybe it will help you decide if you want to serve or not. My vote is yes! :) But it is between you and the Lord.
My Birthday was great! My cute companion decorated my wall next to my bed and bought me pizza that night! The Elders in my district on Tuesday, during our district meeting surprised me too! We ended a little bit early, so he asked if we could sing a closing hymn. We turned to the page and were just about to sing the hymn, when all of a sudden they sang the happy birthday song! It is super different here. I didn´t know what it was at first. ha ha, then they came in with a big yummy cake! Tres Leche with dule de leche. It was delicious!
The members were awesome too! We ate lunch with one of the members and she made me arroz con leche. (my favorite dessert here!) Hermana Juantia owns a jewelry store. I told her that i wanted a ctr ring but it espanol probably the first week i came here. I was going to order it later, but she surprised me and had already ordered it and the gave it to me for my Birthday! It is so cute! I love it! It is in cursive just like mine in english. I tried to take a pic. i will send it later! I love it! super nice!
Then in the night, we visited a super cute sister. She is amazing, she wants to be baptized, but works every sunday. We are still working with her on that. Anyway, she remembered it was my birthday and surprised me with a cake! How sweet! She sang to me in english. ha ha Super sweet!
Everyone else said oh! I will now give you a hug for your birthday! (that is a lot better tradition than the egg cracked on your head Ry)
Well, i go by two different names here. The first is Hermana. The second is Guerita. (Werita) EVERYONE in the street stares at me. Seriously. I didn´t notice it before, but my companion and a few others pointed it out to me. It is true. I am a fish out of water. There is only one other white person here, and it is the other missionary. Guerita means little whitie. ha ha. EVERYONE says Hello Guerita! I think i turn more to that name than Hermana.
Emily and Jen, You are incredible examples to everyone around you. I have seriously learned so much about how important it is to just be an example. I know you have heard that people are CONSTANTLY watching us, but i have SEEN it. It is HUGE!! There are people who have CHANGED LIVES just by their example. For good, and also for bad. It is so important! I am so grateful that i have the most amazing examples of sisters! Keep it up! You too, mom and dad and ry! The pooch, is just too cute for that :)
Good luck with finals jen! Such a killer!! ah!!
We had some great experiences this week! The Patriarch told us about his cousin who wanted to read the book of Mormon. We were super excited! The next day we looked up the direction that he gave us, and went to find her. We knocked on the door and her son answered. We asked for Yolanda, he said ok, one minute. She came to the door. We introduced ourselves and told her that her cousin told us that she wanted to read the Book of Mormon. She freaked out! NO! i want no part of your religion! I am a firm Christian, i believe in Christ, i don't care who you are or what you believe!! I am so embarrassed and angry that Victor lied to you! I WANT NO PART OF ANY OF THIS! HOW AWFUL!!!! She went on for a good five minutes! It was pretty intense. We explained to her that we were sorry, and that we respect her beliefs, she continued for another while, on and on and on. Then all of a sudden during her rant, she stopped and said,
`Oh, Yolanda?`
Yes! Yolanda!
Oh i am not Yolanda, i am Rosa. Yolanda lives next door. She is my sister.
Oh my gosh! That would explain it! We walked next door, and the Real Yolanda opened the door. She was the sweetest lady ever! She is so excited to read the book of Mormon. She was SUPER catholic before. She wanted no part in any other religion, then she got super depressed and almost took her life. But then her cousin told her about our gospel. She is super interested and really wants to read more about it. What a difference! What a blessing! She told us that when we opened the door she saw two angels. We were super bright. She had to squint and close her eyes at first. Wow. II know that Heavenly Father has been working with her and now am so excited to work with her too!
Ah! we had some other awesome experiences but i am out of time! i will have to write them next week!
Em, i thought a lot about your question concerning the Book of Mormon. there is so much i want to say! I am going to write you a letter about it because i don't have time! All i can say right now is read with a purpose. Ask yourself why you are reading. It is because you love Heavenly Father? Do you need to learn something? Should you try out for cheer? How can you find a friend to bring to Christ? ANYTHING!
Reading is a commandment. If you love Jesus Christ, you need to read the Book of Mormon EVERY single day! I was super bad at it too. Unfortunately i had to go to Mexico to learn the importance of it. Em, i LOVE it now. I don't want to go a single day for the rest of my life without reading it! It has helped me so much! As it explains in the introducción there is no other book that will bring us closer to God. If you want a relationship with our Father in Heaven, you need to read. Don't wait for a mission to learn this, like i had to.
There is a quote in Preach my Gospel that you should read. Chapter five. There are little quotes on the sides. Read the last two. I think... or all of them!. They are great! Also, there are some ideas in there that you can look for! Something fun is highlight Christ or anytime it refers to Him. Your whole book will be full! Every page minus five or something refer to Him.
If you don't have a testimony of it, you wont read it. But when you read it, you will gain a testimony of it.
Set a specific time every day. and FORCE yourself to read. If a time doesn´t work, tell yourself you cant start your homework without reading, or you cant eat dinner without reading. Set goals. Don't let a single day go by without reading. Then have mom take you to get ice cream after two weeks of reading it every day. :) Really, the book of Mormon is the dessert, but that is a fun excuse for a mommy-daughter date! :)
Sorry, i know that it is scattered and random, but i don't have anytime left! Pray hard to learn to love it!
I love you all and am so proud of your decisions that you have been making! Remember the covenos we make with our Father in Heaven every week.
Comandmets- keep them all
Take his name upon you.
Remember Him,
with that you are CTR (choosing the right)
LOVE YOU LOTS!!!
Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment