What to say, what to say....
Maybe I will just send some pictures!
But before I do, i just want to say how grateful i am for my Mom. Mom, you are so amazing. I am so grateful that I have had you as an amazing support throughout my whole life, and especially for the mission. I am so grateful that i was able to talk to you on this special day! You have helped me be the best person I can be. You always make me feel better about myself, and have a gift that makes me want to do more just to make you proud! Thank you for everything :) I love you!!
Dad, I love you too! But this is Mom's day. :) PS... This is a terrible question... but When is Father's day?? June right? The third week or something...? Don't take it personally, i didn't know when Mother's day was either..
Ok, well that is super lame.. the computer isn't reading my memory card... I can't send pictures..
Well, I will just tell you a random story, where i was super blunt.
We are visiting this less active man who really is a good guy. He used to be the Young Men's President, but unfortunately he just doesn't want to continue coming to church. He is super smart and
knows A LOT about the gospel. He doesn't like certain members because they are prideful, but it is
ironic because he too is VERY prideful. Anyway, we have been trying and trying to get him to pray with his wife. Every time we invite him to do something he changes the subject and just wont do it. I told my companion that we probably shouldn't continue visiting him because he just doesn't want to change. Well, we had a lesson with him yesterday, and as usual when we invited him to come to church and pray he interrupted us and said that he doesn't like it when people bring their phones to church to use them as scriptures and hymns. He says that they use it for more than the scriptures, and that it is just not right. He went on for another fifteen minutes about it. He said that when he went to church he carried his bible, triple, and hymnbook every week. That is the right way to do it.. on and on.. Well, i was fed up with him, so i stopped him and told him, Look. that is a stupid thing to worry about, at least they are coming to church and singing! What are you doing?? Then we ended with a closing prayer.
That is my story of the day. He didn't say anything after that. But really it is true. The little things like that just don't matter. Stop focusing on the little "sins" of other people, when you are doing something worse. We need to worry about ourselves before worrying about other people.
We went on splits this week with my Sister Training Leader. She had me look in the mirror for a minute and just think about what you see. This is what i thought.. oh wow, i need to curl my eyelashes, I thought that i was having a good hair day, I had a zit on my forehead that was super ugly.. Thanks sunscreen... Random things like that..
Then she had me read a scripture. (My favorite scripture this week) 1 Samuel 16:7. Everyone (especially ourselves) looks at what can be seen with our eyes. But Jesus Christ is so much better than that. He looks at the heart. Then she had me ask myself, What does Jesus Christ see in me? What am
i doing to make him proud? It was a really cool experience. I noticed my name tag this time. I am HIS representative. I felt such a good feeling, and i started thinking about the attributes that i have and who i am, not what i look like. I also thought of the things that i could do to be better and how i could make him more proud. I invite you to do the same. It was a really neat experience. Read this scripture and have mom make something cute from this scripture to put on your mirror.
WE ARE BEAUTIFUL because we are SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.
Well, i am sorry i cant send pictures.... i have so many too! Dangit! oh well, maybe next time~!
I love you all so much :)
Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment