I am really excited that i am here write now. They really spoil the missionaries over the Holidays here. Tomorrow we get to hear from a surprise General Authority. AND we get to hear from them almost for every Devotional coming up. I am going to be in the choir tomorrow and hopefully the other ones, but it fills up very fast!
I am excited for tomorrow. We get to have a great Devotional, eat a somewhat delicious lunch then do service! How cool is that?! That really is showing thanks and giving.
To answer some of your questions.
1. The journal thing is so cute! I might do stuff. but i am kind of confused as to what you are talking about. It might be better and much cuter if you do it. But then again, i am still a little confused. Those pages were way cute though.
2. I love my shoes. Every sister has terrible blisters. Their feet are bleeding like crazy. We spent a lot, but it really has been a blessing! My socks are great too! I haven't even lost one! :)
You would be so proud of my laundry abilities now. We do it every week and i even match up my socks! :)
3. Those big white domes are the gyms! We sleep in Y view, then have class and gym and lunch and everything else at Raintree. It is incredible how they have transformed apartment complexes into this.
4. I have seen quite a few faces! I have seen Jenna Welling. She was in the choir. She looked darling and happy as ever. I saw Gibby, Josh Reber ( he is actually in my zone) Ryan Peterson and even that Elder we met at the Walking Store! He came up to me and said hi. Now i see him all the time at meal time. I have been I was looking all around for Kambree, but I never saw her. Maybe i will on Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed! :)
In Relief Society we learned something that i really liked.
Quote of the Day: "Obedience brings blessings, but EXACT obedience brings miracles."
That is mirror quote worthy or something.
So exciting moment for Hermana Thompson and I! We went to teach one of our investigators. We drew charts and had a whole plan mapped our to teach about prophets and dispensations and the apostasies. It was going to be a really good lesson. We both were feeling good about it. But when we asked him how he was doing he said he wasn't doing very well. His wife needed him to change pronto! But he didn't know what to do. I asked him what are things he thinks he should change. He was talking about smoking, drinking and doing drugs. I somehow started talking about the Word of Wisdom to him. My companion didn't really get what was going on, and i could tell she was confused. so i took the chart we had made for the prophets lesson and turned it over and shook my head. We then gave a full lesson on the Word of Wisdom for him. It was exactly what he needed and he committed to following it after some great questions he thought would stump us with. I know that might not seem like a big deal. but dont forget this is all in SPANISH!!!! It was a huge blessing. We have never been able to do that before, but we had prepared for a lesson, worked our hardest and the Lord blessed us. Exact obedience brings miracles. It is true! I am a witness!
My companion and i got the best compliment anyone could ever get. Elder Evans is the First Counselor of Branch Presidency. Hermana Thompson and I were talking to him last Sunday. He told us that we are a really great companionship. I agreed! We get along so well and we love each other so much! He said, no really, I mean when i say, I have never seen a companionship better than you two. No one sees better than you two.
It was the nicest compliment i have ever gotten. The Lord has definitely blessed me with a great companion. We have been doing so well together. It is a lot of work to look after 17 sisters, and i am so glad i dont have a struggling companion on top of that.
I am such good friends with all our sisters in the branch. It is a privilege that we get to serve them!
One sister in particular was really struggling. It was her first couple of days here. She left a poor single mom home. She had terrible blisters, She passed out from stress and so on. She asked us if she could receive a blessing. We found one of our zone leaders and asked him if he would be willing. We found a room and the elder was flipping through papers. He pulled out his Missionary Handbook and was looking up how to do this. He had never given a blessing before. I was going to have the sister tell him what she needed help with, but then i felt like it wasn't my place to say that. I kept quiet. When he began to say the blessing he messed up on her name and kind of fumbled while reading the beginning. I had to pray so hard so i would laugh! But then all of a sudden the spirit hit that room so strong. The words that came out of the Elder's mouth were exactly what she needed to hear. He had no idea what her problems were, but one by one they were checked off. There was one that we didn't know why he said what he said, but we asked the sister after and she told us a problem we didn't know she had. It was incredible. Heavenly Father will speak through those that are worthy. It was a truly amazing blessing. It really strengthened my testimony. I am so grateful i kept my mouth shut for once. :)
I have asked all of the sisters to pray for Kate. My heart dropped when i heard the news. I have been constantly praying for her. I hope that everything will be ok. Please keep me updated.
EMILY ANNE!! You have gotten SQUEEZIER?!?! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! i read that letter during dinner and couldn't keep it in! i was screaming and laughing and excited all in one! FINALLY I GET TO HEAR MY OWN SISTERS FIST KISS!!!!!!!! As did everyone else who was sitting by me :)
DONT LET MOM AND DAD SEE THIS. THEY MIGHT GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT. getting your letters makes me the happiest Hermana. I really love hearing from you. Keep being the best example to everyone, but especially to me. You have always been a great example to me, even when i didn't let you know. Even though you are younger, i will always look up to you. Emily, you have got to serve a msision. You would be the best missionary in the world. I am serious. Keep preparing and doing the things that you have been doing, when the time comes, God will help you be right were you need to be. *on a mission cough cough** :)
Of course this is all between you and the Lord........ and me. :) I love you!
Dad, your letter made me cry. Thank you so much for the sweet words. I have really been thinking a lot about what you said. Ephraim said "I am ready now". Then when you were telling me all about my childhood and what i had done to prepare without even knowing. It really is true. That has definitely strengthened my testimony. If Heavenly Father can prepare me so much when i didn't even know, How much has be been preparing His other children whom i get to teach? I wish I could elaborate on my feelings, but i spent to much time writing the other things. I will have to write it in a letter, or maybe send it next week. But i just want to say thank you so much!! I love you!
Mom, I brag about you all the time. You are my best friend in the world. I love you so much and man i love getting your letters. I look forward to it all the time!! I only have two minutes left. I am so sorry! I hope i answered your questions. You are the best mom anyone could ever have. Thank you so much for all the updates.
Love you all soo much!
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
I was going to tell you all the things i am thankful for, but I have thirty more seconds to write. Bottom line is I am Thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord. Even though I am serving him, he continually blesses me more and more. We just will never be even. not by a long shot!!
Mom (no one else, just Mom. She needs extra on her bones) - eat an extra plate for me!!! and please tell the family that i love them and miss them. Especially Marta, Annie and Cindy!! <3
Love,
Hermana Anderson

No comments:
Post a Comment