Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nov 14, 2013: Hola Familia!

Hola mi familia! Como estan??

There is so much I want to say!

First off my companion and i were called to be the Sister Training Leaders. Yay! We get to look after all the sisters in our branch. I love it so much! They are all so sweet. Last week we got six new sisters. 12 sisters total so far. I love them all so much. It really is an honor to serve them. :) We didn't get any new missionaries yesterday, because they would be flying out over Christmas. So hopefully next week more will come!

The Hermanas in our branch are so strong and amazing. The elders on the other hand are.... not quite as great... 
Unfortunately one of them in my district had to be sent home. He had two herniated discs in his back and two decaying ones. So sad. 
Two others have been really, really struggling. One Elder packed up everything and met his parents. He ended up staying because his parents made him, so now he is doing everything he can to get kicked out. He is really bringing down the whole group. But the sisters have stayed strong! :) 

It really kills me because i was talking to one of our Hermanas who told me that her father passed away only one week before she came to the MTC. Can you believe that?? She didn't know if she was supposed to go and leave her family, but she knew that it is what the Lord wanted her to do. She is so strong!! That is true dedication to the Lord.

My ear was really bugging me again. I blew my nose and then is just was killing me!!! I went to the emergency care center. The doctor checked my ear and told me i had a really serious ear infection. gross! So i went to get some medication for it. i had to spend $25.00. Sorry. its feeling a lot better now. 

I am so sore. I haven't worked out this much ever. Dont laugh. We all play four square elementary addition. You wouldn't think i would be sore, but man! It is real!

Our investigator committed to baptism! It was so exciting! We had asked him five times! it was finally on the sixth lesson that he said yes!! My companion and i both screamed! ha! I hope that's not against the rules! I know that he isn't a "real" investigator, but it was still amazing! It is crazy how much i have learned in just two weeks! It has absolutely flown by so fast! Some days are longer than others, but they all just blur together. 

My companion is going to Aguascalientes too! Three others are going as well and I have met two more. Unfortunately the one Elder who had to go home was going to Aguascalientes, but he said he will be back. So my district has a total of 6 now, and 5 are going to my mission! :) 

Yesterday i went to the consulate to get my visa! Yay!!!!!!! They said I would get it by Friday!! I am so happy! i have been praying so hard! Left and right, Heavenly Father has been answering my prayers. Being a missionary rocks!!

Hermana Thompson says that she really wants to meet you, Mom. She thinks you sound awesome! I love her so much! We have gotten along so well together. Everyone says we are the perfect companionship. We truly are. Her strengths are my weaknesses. It is such a blessing. It makes me nervous for the future, because she is the perfect companion! Cant get better than this.

In class our teacher read a few verses of scripture as if he was a Native. HOLY. COW. It was so dang fast!! I might die. But anyway, we all had to write down words that we understood. He read the verse about five times then went around the room and asked us the percentage of what we thought we understood. The Elders think they are cool, so they were both saying 85% and 90%. The sisters were honest and we all said maybe 20% then there is my companion. she said "I got three words and Tina Fey". ha ha it was hilarious!! Our teacher said oh! you mean Tiene fe? which means you have faith. ha ha! That is my companion for you. She is great!!

Elder L. Tom Perry's Devotional was amazing. In his talk he said, "is this by chance? Absolutely not!" I really liked that because it isn't by chance. Nothing is. Heavenly Father has our lives in his hands. He loves us and knows just what is right for us. I know that i am supposed to be right here and this exact time. I know that i am supposed to serve in Mexico. I am supposed to be on this mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve Him. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he knows me and he loves me. He has a plan specifically for me, for each of us. How cool is that?! 

Mom- i think my flash drive has the PAF thing. Do you want me to send it back to you? Let me know

I am rarely at main campus, but i will try to drop it off at Mason's room!

I am out of time! 

I love you all so much! I wrote each of you a letter. I will send it in one envelope. They are short, but i hope you get them! let me know when you do. Our mail system isn't the greatest.

Love you lots! 






Hermana Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment