How´s it going family??
Drew! Happy Birthday today!! wohoo!! :) :)
I am doing a lot better this week. Thank you for your prayers and your letters :)
Lots of events happened this week. On Thursday i had my last zone conference. It is tradition that all the missionaries who are leaving share their testimony at the end. I remember always seeing other Elders share their testimonies and thinking that i will never be in their position.. haha well the time came. In the other zones that i have been in, usually there is only one who is going to leave. In our zone there are four of us! It was a great experience. They all have been my District or Zone Leaders and i have gotten to know them really well. It is crazy that we are all in the same boat here sharing our testimonies. It is funny how every missionary reacts differently when they only have a few weeks left. I shared my testimony first, of course, being the only sister. I felt good. The meeting was really powerful. It is incredible how much you can learn in such a short time. How many experiences you have. It started to get a little bit more real for me saying goodbye to some missionaries who i will not see again, for at least awhile.
At the beginning of the week i was still really struggling. My companion was just not in the position to help me at that moment, which was sad, but i needed some help. It was one of the first times that i really wanted to talk to someone about how i was feeling just so that they could listen to me. I prayed to Heavenly Father telling him my feelings and asking him to send someone to help me. Right then my District Leader called. He asked how i was doing, i told him not to worry, but then he said Hermana, i am here to listen. I just told him everything. It was kind of embarrassing, but needed. He just listened. Then he said exactly what i needed to hear. His words were from Heavenly Father. I bawled.. again awkward.. He told me to stop crying haha. I have never been comforted in such an instant before. Just like that, i was fine. I was happy. It was so great. My comp got super mad at me because i spoke to him in English, but it was just what i needed. We talked the next day, my comp and i, and were able to solve our problems. We are doing just fine now.
I read in the Liahona something that changed my whole perspective! It is titled "Weakness is not a Sin." Wow. i loved this article! I invite you to read it because i don't have time to explain it. It is great and was perfect for me!
I LLOOVVEDD conference! I watched the first session in Spanish, and the last three in English. It is so much better in English. We are so blessed to speak the language of the prophets. Don't take that for granted!
Almost every talk spoke about marriage. haha Elder Stevenson got all nervous. They were great talks! I loved Elder Holland's talk too. Wow. that was so powerful!! I had the chills throughout the whole talk. Brotherly Arms. wow. And Pte Uchtdorf´s! I have been studying A LOT about grace and the Atonement. That was so inspired! And Brent H. Nielson´s talk about the Prodigal Son. This story has turned into one of my favorites here in the mission. I love how he said that we are all the prodigal son at one point in our lives. We all need to be found. Elder Bednar´s about not having fear! Wow that was great right before i come home! And Kevin W. Pearson´s about the six steps of enduring to the end. Once we enter into covenants with God there is no going back! Of course listening to Thomas S. Monson made me suuper excited to go back to the temple!
The main themes that stuck out to me were; marriage- it requires two. fear- we need not fear. We will have challenges in this life, we must learn how to deal with them and love them.
Great conference. Can't wait for October!! :) haha
This letter is a short one..
I will send pics!
| A pretty park :) |
| The four of us who are leaving this transfer: Elder Torgesen, Elder Arreaga, Elder Stevenson & Me :) |
| The monthly "Cosecha" we receive that has the name of all the missionaries who are finishing their missions! |
love you!!
Hermana Anderson
Link to article Ashley mentions It Isn't a Sin to be Weak, Liahona Apr 2015
https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/04/it-isnt-a-sin-to-be-weak
Link to article Ashley mentions It Isn't a Sin to be Weak, Liahona Apr 2015
https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/04/it-isnt-a-sin-to-be-weak
No comments:
Post a Comment