Monday, March 30, 2015

March 29, 2015: (No subject)

Hi fam!

Mom and Dad, your letters were perfect. Thank you :) 

Dad i just laughed so hard when you said that you had to re-write your letter...that is some real love right there! I laughed even harder when you said that you just had to clear up one little spot in the lawn and it ended up being the entire yard! Ha ha that seems to always happen. Then more chores after that! Sheesh! That is great that you were able to go to Hale´s Center Theatre! I am excited to be able to see plays again. :) Remember when you said that we could go to Circ de Sule (i speak Spanish not French.. how do you spell it??) after my mission? I know that isn't a play, but i was just reminded of that! That will be fun :) I also really liked your comment that Elder Holland shared. Wouldn´t that be an incredible experience? What is even more amazing is that it really can happen. I feel like i have only seen the smallest glimpse of what it really could be like here in the mission, and i am here to tell you that my life will forever be different. I cant imagine actually seeing him and being able to talk with him face to face. Wow. It is something to think about.

Mom, i also loved your letter. I read it in the perfect moment. I feel a lot of pressure sometimes, well most of the time, to be perfect here. I know, i know, i was nothing like that before, but now being a representative of Jesus Christ makes me feel like i need to be perfect and if i am not, i am a failure.. It is frustrating, because we simply are not perfect. I loved, loved the scripture that you sent me in DyC 108. Let your sould be at rest. Thank you. I really did need that. Also, is good to teach the ideal, but also how to deal with the real. 

This week has passed by soo slowly... It has been a harder week.. The tests just don't end. 

I am sorry. I don't want this letter to be a complaint letter.. we can title it an express-everything-that-is-in-me-because-i-want-help-letter. How does that sound? haha 

I have been sick with a terrible sore throat, a constant headache, a stomach ache, my nose and ears are super full of snot, my face broke out in hives...Sorry for the details.. My body is just tired. I am actually really frustrated with myself for being so tired. I fight, hard to stay awake. I have fallen asleep TWICE in two lessons. What is happening to me?? I want to finish this mission strong. I truly do. I am doing all that i can. I think i am really stressing myself out which doesn't help.. and now here i am crying in the internet cafe. How embarrassing. I understood that the mission would not be easy, but when you are in the middle of it, it is harder said than done. I know, i know, you can say, keep going! Don't worry! Keep strong, pray hard, etc. I am...but it is still hard.

I was so excited to see the conference for the women, but due to climate problems it was cancelled after waiting one hour in the chapel.. Maybe i need to hear something a little bit later, and that moment wasn't the right moment.. bummer..

I remember what President Hinkley taught us. Forget yourself and go to work. I am trying. I have a long way to go... I will try to do something nice for my companion then she just reacts in the strangest ways. She is weird. I am learning to love her. Some days are great. 

I have also really tried to focus on having an attitude of gratitude. It has really helped. I have so many blessings, truly.

I have had some great, spiritual experiences this week. 

I shared with you last week about Oscar and his work right? We prayed so hard for him to find work where he doesn't need to work on Sunday. Well, a few days later he got another offer where he makes more money, but he will have to work every other Sunday. He accepted! What? No! I shared with him my feelings. I said Oscar, money is the least important thing in the world if we have to put it before God. I invite you to pray and really understand what is the most important. He prayed. A few days later he was offered ANOTHER job where he doesn't have to work on Sunday. I just imagined Satan trying to fight and thinking that he will win. He seems to forget who is more powerful. 

I have also been studying a lot about the Atonement. It is incredible. I have really felt that our Savior is the most selfless person. I don't know how he does it. I was thinking the other day that i like to serve others, but when they expect or demand it, i don't want to do it anymore. I know that it is my weakness. Heavenly Father helped me out a little when he made me think of Jesus Christ. He was suffering for these people while they were literally spitting at his face, mocking him, and killing him. What did he do? He continued, and with love. Wow. That is incredible. I need to repent.

There were others, but i think i will wait to share them with you when you get here. :) 

Silvia didn´t come to church this week which means she wont be baptized the 25th.. I will continue praying. 

I have been helping a lot of different people learn English. It has been great. I really like teaching them :) 

I truly am sorry for this weird letter. I thought about erasing it completely...but i decided not to.

Love you fam!

I hope you have a great week :)

Hermana Anderson

Here are some pictures..
Happily eating a cheeseburger ;)
We went to the church today to play some sports with some members.

Remember the sister who didn't want to have sister missionaries? Well, things have been getting a lot better.
she even invited us to eat with her for her birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment