What do you say to a family who you were able to skype with three days ago?? first of all, it was so fun to be able to see your faces! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has been so diligent in answering my prayers. Every single one of you are healthy, happy, and alive. I couldn´t be more grateful! Seriously.
Tani: I posted these photos on last week's blog for Dec 22, where they fit :)
Well, what has happened since i last saw you? About ten minutes ago i cut my bangs... i regretted it the second that i cut them. haha. oh well. They are the swoopy kind. I thought well if i dont like it, i better do it now! It was spontaneous. Oh well..
What else?
We have had a small problem with the food these past couple of weeks. The members seem to forget, so we have been eating out. But my motto here in the mission is this: Whenever there is an error or something seems to go wrong, their will always be blessings behind it. It is part of the plan. Well it is true! There is this family who cooks in their house. It is normal. They are called economic kitchens or something. Anyway, we have eaten their a few times. A couple with three daughters with the ages 20, 19 and 17. Similar to our family. They had been visited by other missionaries before, but said that they are fine where they are at with their own beliefs. The mom is from Honduras, Paraiso. Ry do you know where that is? Her other two daughters born in the US and the last was born here. They speak English very well! Anyway, slowly but surely getting to the point.. We invited them to come to church. Stefany, the 17 year old said that she really wanted to. We picked her up yesterday and she said that she loved it! She got all ready with her make-up and everything! After church she said i know that this is my camino. We were super happy to hear her say that! We have an appt with tonight and six. Please pray hard! She is such a sweetheart and this could be the answer to all our many prayers!
Tomorrow is the wedding of Hermanos Matamoros! The family that let us skype in their house. They are SUPER awesome! I love them so much. We are so happy! In one week Montse leaves on her mission! I am happy and sad. She has been so much help for us, but i know that it is so much better to do the real deal! :) She cant wait!
Even though Moroni left, we have been able to see him a few times. He is still doing great and told us that his mom hunted down the missionaries! Yay!
I have been reading the Liahona everyday in the morning from the general conference. I loved this conference. It has been so great reading them over again. And the talks from priesthood are great too! I loved what Elder Oaks said something like, There are so many people to set goals for example getting sealed in the temple, but are dating non members.. Do our long term goals match up with our every day activities?? Something to think about!
I am struggling to write here... What didn't we talk about on Christmas??
Tani: (I suggested she write about her companion and the elders in the mission)
My companion Hermana Rios has two siblings. A sister 22 years old, and a little brother 9 years old. She loves eating menudo tacos. (stomach) which is super nasty. She is a lot of fun. She likes to laugh. She has been doing great! She is super direct, which humbles me a lot. It is a good thing, a rough answer to my prayer.
The Elders are good. I really don't know of any Elders who don't work hard, but i am usually only with sisters. We have a new DL. He is from Wyoming. He is really great! His comp is from Az. He is super funny! One day he went to turn the boiler on and he locked himself out in the patio. He said that we was in shorts and his garments.. It was super cold and his companion was still sleeping. He didn't hear him knock, so he climbed over his house, got on the roof and jumped down to knock on the front door, why? i am not sure. He said that people were passing by in the street laughing. After about fifteen minutes his comp opened the door. haha oh Elders...
Pictures are worth a thousand words! I will send millions of words!! :)
These are from the activity last week that didn't send.
I just sent them :)
Love you family!!
Set good goals for this new year! have a great time! :)
Happy New Years!
Love Hermana Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment