This week has been super great, just like all the other weeks lately. I am happy :) I love Christmas. Oh my gosh how was the devotional?? Did you love it too?? I don't even think i blinked through any of it. It was so pretty and spiritual. I loved what President Eyring said! What called my attention was when he said Jesus didn´t come to do his will, but the will of the Father. That doesn´t just go for him, but for all of us. Are we doing the Father´s will? If not, let us ask him what he desires of us, if we don't already know, and do it.
Have you seen the lights yet at temple square? Here they put up decorations in the streets too! I have seen a lot of mangers. It makes me laugh seeing blown-up penguins and snowmen where their is not a single cloud in the sky and i am feeling my face burning despite the sunscreen that i layer on. haha.
Speaking more about Christmas, we contacted two men a few days ago, They said that they were drunkies who live a bad life. We shared with them that they can always turn their life around with Jesus Christ´s help. We thought he was someone that we knew, turns out it was a different guy, but nonetheless we gave them the Christmas cards and shared our testimonies. He said, ¨it is true, this time of year is special. See those guys over there? well, they are my gang and as their leader i told them that they need to calm down this time of year for Christmas.´´ Wow, how lovely... ah! But even the gang-bangers know that this is the time to remember Jesus Christ more. Our job now is to help them remember him ALL YEAR.
This week, i met the funniest little old lady. She is 100 years old and it doesn't show. She walks around, pretty much yells when she talks and does what she wants. Her daughter told us some hilarious stories about her. Sadly, she doesn´t understand a lot of things, due to her age, for example she doesn´t like it when people sit down, she relates it to laziness. One day, she saw her son-in-law sleeping on the couch. She yelled ¨HOMBRE FLOJO¨ and whacked him with her cane right on the head! He was not a happy camper after that. hahaha! I thought that was so funny. Mom, if you see Ryan doing the same thing, just go ahead and yell ¨LAZY MAN¨ and whack him on the head. :)
We have had some more great adventures this week with other people stopping us in the street and telling us why we shouldn´t be Mormon. One full hour actually telling us why the Book of Mormon doesn´t exist. We shared our testimonies, and i flat out told him, we don't base our testimonies on the fact that there may or may not have been horses in this time because their are many things that men simply don't know, but we base our testimonies on the important things that we would love to share with you.
Family, i have a question. I know that you know that the church is true. I know that you have felt the spirit. But my question is, how do you know?
I know that it is true too. This week i have been thinking a lot about how do i really know. I would love to hear your testimonies on how you know too.
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:
Post a Comment