What a fun suprise to get a letter from my whole family! :) Thanks! I haven´t read them yet, but i cant wait to read them in a little bit :)
This week has been great! It has just flown right by! I am loving my new area and my new companion :) Our ward Mission leader is seriously THE BEST! He loves his calling and is the ideal image of someone who magnifies their calling. He served his mission in California.
I have been thinking a lot about Cory, Cole and Kate this week. My District leader is from Ecuador, my Zone leader is from California, and one of the other sisters in our ward is from Honduras. Holy cow, they all speak so differently. I thought we would all be learning spanish, but no. They all speak different languages. especially the Elder from California ;) haha
Hermana Trujillo is a saint. She is super patient and loves to work hard. We still need to adapt to our ways. She likes doing things one way, and i like the other way, but we have been working really well together.
We got to go to a training meeting with a seventy. Elder Benjamin de Oyos. It was great! I learned a lot! I am super excited to use what i learned and put it to use! We are going to have so much success here! Cant wait! We also were able to go to another meeting for all the leaders in the mission. I got to see Hermana Carlsen again. She is a Sister Training Leader too. She is doing great! it was really fun to see her! It made me miss Hermana Thompson though... :( other sad news! Hermana Wiggenhauser went home too. She said her back was really hurting her. Sheesh! what is up with my companions?? I told Hna Trujillo that she needs to be super careful now!
hmm what else...? I forgot to write down what i wanted to talk about...
It is A LOT hotter here in Aguas. I am super burned. It has been rainy too. Oh my gosh. We were sitting in a lesson last week with this awesome family. All of a sudden it POURED like i have never seen! I forgot that we dont live next to an ocean, because it seriously felt like the whole entire ocean just dumped out of the sky. It was crazy! The streets turned into rivers. We got a little wet that day :) Unfortunately the rain brought the mosquitos... i have about 395872 bites. I have been using my repellent, but it just doesn´t matter to those little blood suckers. Hna Trujillo doesn´t have one single bite. She loves to remind me. Thanks Hermana....
Oh i almost forgot! I am engaged. His name is Hermano Petronilo. He just turned 75 this Saturday. He is seriously hilarious. I met him before when we went on splits. he is still kickin´. When i asked him if he had prayed like we invited him, he sighed and said, oh mi reina, como te digo¨. which means,¨oh my Queen, how do i say this to you¨. He told me that when i finish my mission i need to come and get him and bring him home with me, but he doesn´t have money, so i need to pay. How romantic. ha ha. Unfortunately we told him that we aren´t going to visit him for awhile until he prays and gets his answer for baptism. He has been taught every lesson practically fifty times! He still comes to chruch, which is great :) Pray for my fiance. ha ha
Oh Jen! I finally played soccer in Mexico. I have been growing so much spiritually that i thought maybe with sports too. Nope. Not at all. ha ah it was terrible. Everyone knows how to play. The good news is i made a goal! but it was with my hands so it didn´t count. ha ha. it was terrible. The Elders tried to be nice and kept passing it to me, who knows why! But we had a lot of fun. After we all went to eat our Chaskafruta. Its fruit that is blended in with icecream. super yummy! :)
Well i am out of time! I love you all and hope that you are all doing well. I haven´t missed a prayer without praying for every single one of you. You are all amazing. Thank you for your love and support. I am so grateful that i have a healthy, fun, full family. Unfortunately it is not common, but i have been very blessed.
Dad, i should have listened to you sooner about Jesus the Christ. IT IS AMAZING. i hardly have time to read it, but when i do, holy cow i learn so much! I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He is amazing. We are happy because of Him. He is the solution to everything.
I know he lives. I know this is HIS gospel. I know he knows me, and you.
No comments:
Post a Comment