Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 15: (Father's Day)

Hello Familia! 

I will try to write a little bit more this week! Sorry about last week, but it turns out that I have  A LOT more to write to the President in the little hour that I have for the other sisters who have had intercambios with, but I will type like the wind that doesn't exist here!!!

So what we get to do is go on splits with all of the sisters in Aguascalientes. there are 7 companionships. Every week we have two different intercambios. Its a lot of fun, but a lot of work too! I really like it, but I know that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me how to correct them. I have never liked that, and now I get to do it to all the sisters. If there is something that they are not doing, I get to be the one to tell them, and help them be better..  Then we write IN DETAIL our whole 24 hours we spent with them to President Villarreal. But I really love it! I have learned a lot of different exercise tips, ways of teaching, and serving. It is really fun getting to know all of the sisters. I even got to go back to Colinas with one of the sisters there.  It was super weird being back in my area again! I loved it!

One morning, my first morning in our house without Hna T, Hermana Paulson was taking a shower, I was going to make her some quesadillas, when I saw the hugest cockroach in the sink! NOO!!!!! NOT AGAIN! it was the first one I have seen in this house. Of course I screamed, and out came Hna P in a towel thinking that I cut a finger off. WORSE! COCKROACH! I was screaming frantically in Spanish, and she hardly understood what I was saying. ha ha. She changed super fast ready to kill it. While she was changing I saw another one! NO!  When Hna P was just about to kill it, she moved a little bowl to get a better aim, then NINE more all ran out in every direction of our kitchen!! I was standing on the counter screaming. I am sure you are all trying to picture this right now. Well, we spent the whole morning killing cockroaches. they were all HUGE and nasty! The worst is when Hna P had one in a cup, then it tried to escape and she freaked out and through it directly at me! It clung to my skirt and wouldn´t fall off. OH MY GOSH! it was awful! We were laughing and screaming and crying all in one. Super dramatic morning. 

We had the most amazing lessons with some of our investigators. Carolina and Alfonoso. They are seriously amazing. They cant wait to get baptized, the only problem is he is still married to someone else, so they have to go to another state to get his papers bla bla bala.. muchas cosas. but they are amazing! She and her sister Kari and best friends. She was always in the lessons, but never wanted anything. Her mom Angeles was the same. She always invited us in her house, and listened, but that was it. Well, this week we had the most amazing lesson about the atonement. Kari, told us that she finally prayed and what we were talking about was exactly what she needed to hear. She said that she is ready to listen, we gave her a book of Mormon and she has been reading it and marking it all up. The next lesson we talked about temples, and eternal families. Angeles started bawling. She told us that she has had so much contention in her heart. she was so tired, she wanted to listen, but she was feeling terrible. She broke down and bawled. The next day all of them came to church. They were so happy! They told us they have never felt so calm. 

Kari isn´t married either, but they have all of their papers ready, but they have been having problem after problem with their house and they just cant afford to get married. the bad news is their papers expire 27 de june. if they expire, they have to go back to Mexico City and pay again. We talked to the bishop, and he said that the church can help them. We told them the news yesterday! They were in shock! They didn´t understand why we would want to help and not receive anything in return. We explained that that is what this church is all about. 

I am so excited and have been praying my guts out for this amazing family. 

Alicia. She is 13. She wants to be baptized so badly but her dad refuses to let her go to church. He always is finding reasons why she cant come. ugh! Pray for her! 

Well, I love you all so much! I am completely out of time! I hope you all have a great week! Dad, happy happy fathers day! I hope that it was a great day for you! I love you so much and am so grateful that I have the most amazing dad ever! Thank you for always keeping me in your prayers, and always being worthy to give me blessing when i need them. I love you and coudln´t be prouder of you! 

Thank you for your letters! Cant wait to read them! Happy Summer!!

Love Hermana Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment