Monday, March 10, 2014

Mar 10: The Plan of Happiness really is Happiness

Harold J. Anderson, Ashley's incredible grandfather passed away today, March 10th at 2:49 p.m. in Orem, Utah in the hospital surrounded by his loving family, wrapped in the arms of his sweet wife, Gloria--and went directly into the arms of his daughter, Karen, who precede him in death by 20 years.  His greatest love is his family, children, grand-children and great-grand children.  He has two missionary grandchildren serving full-time missions.  Elder Clayton Rees in Puerto Rico and Hermana Ashely Anderson in Aguascalientes, México.  Grandpa Anderson He lived an honorable life full of honesty, love and service.  He is our mentor, our hero, our example and our father.  We love him.  We honor him.  We will never, ever forget him.  We will be with him again in eternity.  




This is Jennifer's Facebook Entry:  (Ashley hasn't seen this yet)


I just said goodbye to one of the greatest men I have ever known. My Grandpa Anderson lived such a wonderful life.

He was all about service. He served his country as a marine in WWII. He served his friends at BYU for years in Campus Planning as he oversaw the construction of many buildings on campus, including Lavell Edwards stadium.

In fact, a former BYU President, President Ernest Wilkinson told my grandpa that hiring him was the best decision he ever made as the university president.

He served his family with great love and total selflessness. He was always there for each of us when we needed him. He was always optimistic and witty and had the greatest jokes and stories to tell. I will miss that for sure!

Lastly and most importantly he served the Lord with all his strength as a bishop, temple sealer, Provo temple presidency member, and as a great man who put his faith in God and family above everything else.

At 90 years old, he died peacefully in my grandma's arms after she told him that he could finally let his worn-out body go to sleep. What a beautiful love story! He was surrounded by family and a powerful spirit the last few hours that he was alive.

Death brings a powerful perspective to our lives. I am so grateful for my grandpa's life and the example he led. I hope to live up to his legacy and endure to the end as beautifully as he did.

I love you Grandpa and I look forward to seeing you again!





Ashley's letter:

I don't even know what to say in this letter. I would feel very selfish talking about myself. 

I do have to say that this week during personal study out of the blue i had this overwhelming feeling of someone hugging me and praying for me. I started crying so hard, i couldn't stop. My poor companion probably thinks i am crazy. But i know now without a doubt in my mind that it was Grandpa. He was here in Jerez with me. I know it. And now he can be here a lot more. We are serving this mission together. 

I have such a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation- the Plan of Happiness. It really is happiness. I know that Grandpa is so much happier now. He is with his sweet daughter and all of his other friends and family. and with me. I feel his love so strongly. He really is such a great man. He has done so much good for so many people. He has lived a great, full life with an amazing woman by his side. He has helped create a great big family. We all love Grandpa so much. I will always remember his funny jokes. Especially the one about the worm in the Alcohol! ha ha. 

Thank you for your updates and love. I am so grateful for our family. Knowing that i have you to support me has given me so much. Blessings are real. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. I know that to be true. 

I just cant get myself to write about my week right now. I did write in my journal a little bit. Maybe i can send some pictures of the pages. You can read them later. It has been a lot better. I love my companion so much. She seriously is an angel! Your description of her mom was right on! We have four people who want to be baptized, and hopefully more soon! There is a lot of work to do here, and we have been working really hard! I am always so tired. Its like Dad´s saying a tired dog is a happy dog. Well, a tired missionary is a happy missionary. 

I hope that everyone is doing OK. I wish i could be their to support Grandma, but i am grateful that she knows why i am here. I love you so much. Thank you for your love.

con mucho amor,

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment