Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 12, 2015

Holy cow this week has been great!

The last letter i wrote was probably depressing huh? Well that same night everything changed. I changed areas again! We are in the same ward, but different areas. Oh my gosh the bishop is amazing! He has been so helpful. I am not kidding he is probably the best that i have met here. He told us that he doesn´t like that we were in that house. For good reason. We were right next to a AA meetinghouse where every night the alcoholics meet and (we) without keys!!

The Elders who are also serving in this ward changed with us. Houses, cells, areas, everything. I felt bad because this area is amazing. they said that they wanted to do it so that we could be safer here. They have been so helpful! They even changed mattresses with us because ours are horrible and theirs were new. They have been suffering all week with the area, the horrible house that they live in that leaks water when it rains. They have been so sweet. Some of the best Elders that i have met. Whoever their moms are; thank you, you taught them well :)

We have so many great investigators and members in this ward! I just know that we will see so much progress! We are finishing prepare Alicia who is going to be baptized this week. She is a fireball. She has such good intentions and is so sweet! She is all over the place and talks A LOT! I really like her! We are excited to see her get baptized. She cant wait!

We also challenged a few other people to baptism this week. Sadly, their were many who said no, but their is another sister who accepted! She is the sweetest person ever. She always wants to give us food and chocolate. We visited her yesterday and she surprised us with arroz con leche. My favorite! mm! Her daughter also said that she wants to get baptized for her birthday. :)

There is a house full of sisters! They have all been baptized recently and are just so sweet too! Everyone here is especially nice! So willing to give and serve. 

The members are active and ready to do anything to help us!

Their is a fruit tree outside of our house. They are called Japanese oranges or something.. you have to squeeze them and the citrus comes out, then you wash it and eat it whole. They are super sour, but really yummy! 






Today the bishop invited us to a dam. He said their isn´t much here in San Luis, this is the only ¨cool¨ thing. It is not pretty, but so you can see something else here. haha. It was really cool! I will send pictures :)

Thank you so much for the sweet Christmas letters! (the Eaglewood Ward Christmas Letters. I scanned them in for her.  She still hasn't received the Christmas package yet with those
letters!  I'm so sad!!)  I loved reading them. Jen i loved, loved your (Christmas) letter. It made me really think about a lot of things! The traditions are all celebrated here. That was fun to hear it from you. That is what i have been living :)

From reading the letters, i ran out time writing this one. haha But everything is just great. I am worried that tomorrow i will get transferred again for how great it is here. 

Thank you for your prayers. I can feel them. i know that God answers them! :)

I love you all! 

Jen your big day is coming up!! Woohoo! Do you have any plans?? I know you still have two weeks, but just to remind ya that you too are getting old ;) haha I am still not legal in the US. 

Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment