Monday, August 11, 2014

Aug: 11 Little by Little

What did i even do this week?? Its all a blur!

Update on Family Diaz- 

They have been really struggling financially. Jorge, the dad, was super discouraged. They just don't have anything. Then they started fighting, they talked about getting divorced. Nancy was crying. It was really hard. We talked a lot about trials, and blessings. I shared 2 Nefi 26 with them. Everything that God does is for the benefit of his children because he loves us. We also invited members to come with us, which really helped, because they were able to share some personal experiences that they had had too. Then we invited them to pray and read the scriptures together. We promised them that if they would do this, they would see a change in their lives. We went home and prayed and prayed. Well, the next visit they were all laughing and smiling, they said that they did what we invited them to do, and they are so much happier! They still don't have any money, but they know that it is just not as important as their family. Seriously, it was a drastic change! They said that their faith has increased and they now know the importance of the scriptures and of their families. The simple things CHANGE LIVES! It is true. I testify of this truth. I have seen marriages destroyed simply because they are too stubborn to read and pray together. The power of the Book of Mormon is incredible. Jorge said, ¨this is my religion, this is my church. I know it is true, i am so grateful that i can now be a part of it. I am just like Joseph Smith. He went to a lot of different churches, but just wasn´t filled. I am filled in the Church of Jesus Christ.¨

He also told us that he had been praying a week before we visited them. He asked God if he had a purpose in life, and if so, what is it. Then we came the next week. He knows that this is his answer, this is his purpose. 

They have so much faith! If only every single person had the confidence and faith as this amazing family has, we would all be set. The problems are still there, but with Heavenly Father, we realize that they are just small things that don't matter. What is important is family and our faith. I know this to be true. 

I went to the doctor this week. I am not feeling terrible, but something has been funky for the past six weeks. I finally decided to go, well, Hermana Villarreal told me to... Anyway it turns out that i have a parasite. Who knew? But don't worry, i am taking pills and it should be gone in the next few days. We will see. They also said that my blood pressure was really low, and told me i need to eat more sugar and drink more water. Never in my life have i been told to eat more sugar. ha ha. I think i  might take that as an advantage. hehe. :) No, actually i have been eating really healthy, i never want to eat sugar or fattening things. I know, i know. who am i? haha

We went to a meeting with all the missionaries in Aguascalientes. It was fun to see everyone here. Two Elders in my district at the MTC were in the hospital for the past few weeks. I am so grateful that i have never had serious problems. The Lord knows that i still have so much to learn and do here. I just cant get sick! I pray everyday for my health.

 It has been really fun going on splits with the Hermanas here. We have nine comps now. 10 including ourselves. I have learned a lot! It has been a fun blessing to experience a lot of different ways to do things, but what i love is we all have the same purpose. We are all trying to do the best that we can do, to accomplish the same goal. That is what our life is all about. We all just need to work together and learn new ideas. Mom, i really appreciate what you said about changing. I just should never be afraid to change. That is why were are here. If we cant change, how are we supposed to become like Jesus Christ? 

I had a great tender mercy this week. I felt like Enos. I just was super frustrated with a lot of things, i didn't even want to pray as much as normal, which i knew was a problem. I just knelt by my bed without saying anything. I finally felt a little better, and started talking to Heavenly Father. I told him everything, and that i am sorry i am angry. Then little by little, as if he just poured water out of a jug, i felt more calm. Then i was so calm. I just had this blanket of peace wrapped around me. (i know that sounds cheesy, but it is true!) Then i was given insight. Something that i had never thought before. It completely opened my eyes. I was filled with love and I knew exactly what i needed to do. Now everything is great. 

I have no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father is always here to help us. We just need to be willing to let him. I love Him so much!! :)

Thank you for everything. :) I hope you have a great week! 

Love, Hermana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment